Friday

Livin the Parisian High/Low Life

Though I miss shopping in the US (more variations in color, no insane exchange rate), I've gone crazy for french style--simple elegance with a touch of grunge.
AKA Balenciaga blazers paired with 2 day unwashed hair
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(I'm happy to announce that I just snagged an incredible scarf that looks EXACTLY like this one at Free P star vintage store on Rue de la Verrerie in the 4ieme)

Jerome Dreyfuss handbags paired with Cheap Mondays and Converses
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Fur coats and American Apparel tees
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And my obsessions du jour, Hermes H clic clack bracelets paired with low motorcycle boots.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) is currently living the high life in Milan, LITERALLY. She has a very sweet, 25 year old, demi-italien, demi-français millionaire petit ami (boyfriend) who loves buying her gorgeous designer gifts, taking her to the Blvgari Hotel for spa days, and partying at the Armani Privé nightclub in Milan. What I believe to be her best gift is the fabulous Hermes narrow enamel gold-plated bracelet, $455. She let me borrow it and I just cannot stop staring at it. It is fabulously simple but also luxurious, comfortable, and adds a perfect touch of class to every outfit. Sure, it's a status symbol, you see someone wearing Hermes and immediately think they're rich with good taste, but its also just so PRETTY! Even someone who doesn't know what the big gold block lettered H means would admire it. So I have been scouring ebay and ioffer, trying desperately to find the bracelet for cheaper.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rachel Bilson wearing the Hermes H clic clack bracelet

And the boots? I've gotten sick of yearning for every pair of low motorcycle boots I've seen on the dirty/chic french girls and have found these two Frye versions.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Frye Veronica Shorties, $268
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Frye Engineer 12R, $198

I'm not quite sure what the difference between the Veronica and the Engineer boots is, all I know is that the Engineers were featured in Vogue a little while back
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(all photos, STYLE.com

and they're $100 cheaper. Good enough for me! I'll be ordering these ASAP. Now all I have to figure out is whether I want black--which are reminiscent of the new Chloé versionsPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket--or brown...

Another Parisian status symbol I'm lusting over? The Hermes Birkin in Brown crocodile.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's simple and gorgeous, like the Hermes H, and carrying it means you are GOD, or just Victoria Beckham, who supposedly has the largest collection of Hermes bags ever.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yet unfortunately, on Ebay the price tag is around $56,000, basically the same as the tuition to NYU for a year...So, no. On ioffer however the fakes are going for about $170 but you have to make sure it is a reputable seller (good feedback) and ask to see a lot of pictures. Sigh, if only my husband was a hot, rich, British football (soccer) player!


On another note, my affiliate, TOBI.comis currently giving money off their Tobi purchases when they use the code PERFECTGIFT ($15 off $10, $50 off $250, or $150 off $500) so check it out! Starting December 17th to the 21st, they're giving last minute X-mas shoppers FREE overnight shipping too!!

I'm leaving the city of lights next weekend, sadly, so the next post will be back in the US of A!
-Arianna
fashioninsider00@aol.com

No comments: