Sunday

I've got the Bluuues

Remember those bright colored jeans you wore in pre-school that are reminiscent of play-doh and stubby crayons? They're back, like it or not. It's an iffy trend but I'm lovin' it.

I usually shy away from loud prints, bright colors and crazy "what the hell was she THINKING?" fashion choices, but I recently spotted a friend of mine in bright yellow, yes YELLOW jeans. It takes guts to proudly wear the "it" color in such an interesting way, though I knew I'd never be able to pull them off as I can barely wear my yellow Forever 21 copy of the Diane Von Furstenberg Fall 06 dress without feeling like a big yellow schoolbus. She told me she had gotten them in Soho from the Adriano Goldschmied store, and that they also had the jeans in red and blue. I was intrigued, so after a long day of rehearsals, we headed over there.
A few weeks ago at Barneys I had tried on the Ksubi Skinny Zipper jeans in Royal Blue, $220
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
which Ashley Simpson has...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
CLICK TO BUY

but my checking account was lacking in funds, and I was also having qualms about sporting ELECTRIC blue pants.

At the AG store, I was thrilled to discover that the blue Stilt jeans were, in fact, a softer, more wearable, but still noticable, BLUE. I tried them on, and they fit like a glove, much better than the $220 Barneys version. I was COMPLETELY sold on them when I learned that the store tailored them for FREE in one business dayl! I whipped out my card and bought them, reminding myself that I hadn't bought a new pair of jeans for two months (A pair of Imitation of Christ from Intermix that were half off).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
AG Stilt jeans $163
CLICK TO BUY

Later, browsing on People.com stylewatch, I discovered the Ashley Simpson picture, alongside Fergie and Rachel Bilson, also sporting bright colored jeans.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Fergie: THE REAL THING
Rachel: THE REAL THING
Or cheaper at Urban Outfitters, $59
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
CLICK TO BUY

I now wear my baby blues several times a week, and I'm proud of my punk/80's/kindergarten look. I've gotten quite a few complements too, so try it if you dare!

now all I need is Play-doh and some Pogs...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Coincidentally, I also had bright blue nail polish on at the time of my purchase, which I was wearing for a play I was in.
I felt daring and different with my blue fingernails, until I discovered that it's now a trend.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Try Brights by O.P.I in Blue My Mind $7.50
CLICK TO BUY

-Arianna
fashioninsider00@aol.com
to be added to the mailing list, comment with your email address

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw those bright colored jeans at Urban Outfitters, but like you, I'm reticent to buy them. This just might have convinced me, though!

Layla

Nina said...

i was at urban yesterday and almost bought a pair....but i couldnt decide what color, and then ultiamtely decided to go with some much safer items....but i tried to be ballsy