Wednesday

Five Women Fighting for One Man...OSCAR

A few days late but here it goes... the good, the bad, and the OOOOGLAY at the Oscars. This year was a bit disappointing though, no Bjork-esque animal dresses
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
or down to THERE Jlo dresses
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Just plain old gowns.

THE GOOD
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nicole Kidman in Balenciaga. Me LIKE! She looks so elegant and bold in this crimson dress, and I love the visible bow. I would definitely choose this dress

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Best Supporting Actress nominee Rinko Kikuchi in Chanel Haute Couture. She is definitely one to watch, and I'm in LOVE with this dress.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maggie Gyllenhaal in Proeza Schouler. And she just had a baby too!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé. Leading the fashion brigade in the trendiest of trends right now: METALLIC DRESSES. Yet she pulls it off without an ounce of tackiness.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Best Actress Helen Mirren in Christian Lacroix. She looked absolutely stunning, and I loved all the comments from the younger men about how they wanted her. Smart boys!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Daniel Craig with Satsuki Mitchell, in Alberta Ferretti. No, I don't know who she is either, I just thought her dress was kind of pretty.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Actress Veronica Webb with Zac Posen (GOD) at an Oscar Afterparty. I like her dress, it's bold but still classy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Leelee Sobieski in Naeem Khan. Another Glitteratti Girl. I almost feel like this type of dress is overdone, but I like it. It reminds me of a Tory Burch dress I saw at Bergdorf's the other day.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sequin Tunic, $750.00 (YIPES!) http://www.toryburch.com/catalog_detail.aspx?cid=474&id=16581

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Justin Portman with Natalia Vodianova in Christian Dior Haute Couture by John Galliano. I'm not really sure I like this one, but she's my favorite model and she can pull off ANYTHING because she's gorgeous. SIGH.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Victoria Beckham at an afterparty in Azzedine Alaïa. I don't much like the dress on her plastic body, but I've got to separate my opinion of the dress from my opinion of the person!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Clive Owen. He's just darn sexy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Leo. Because he's darn sexy too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gael García Bernal and Diego Luna. Because they're BOTH darn sexy.


Sacha Baron Cohen with Isla Fischer in Monique Lhuillier. Smart redhead, green is our best color.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Anne Hathaway in Valentino. I think I like this. I do, I like it. Why was Ryan Seacrest making fun of it?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rachel Weisz in Vera Wang

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingMark Wahlberg and Rhea Durham in Marchesa

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Penelope Cruz in Atelier Versace

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kate Winslet in Valentino. I LOVE HER. I want to be the American Kate Winslet.


THE MAYBES?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Naomi Watts in Escada. I THINK i like this.. but something about the black against the pale yellow is off-putting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Reese Witherspoon in Escada. I'm just not feelin' her in this dress, though it's pretty

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Best Supporting Actress Jennifer Hudson in Oscar de la Renta. That singing competition between her and Beyoncé was semi-ridiculous, they were both so obviously trying to out-sing each other!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Will Smith, Jaden Smith, and Jada Pinkett Smith in Carolina Herrera

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Beyonce in Armani Privé. Pretty...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gwyneth Paltrow in Zac Posen. I don't know about this color on her.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kirsten Dunst in Chanel. What do you all think about it? I want your feedback, I really don't know. I don't think it's very figure flattering, but that might be just because she has terrible posture.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingZooey Deschanel in FENDI. I THINK I like it, but part of me doesn't...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chloë Sevigny in vintage Thierry Mugler. Chloë I'm surprised at you, I expected something better. I usually really like her fashion risks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jennifer Lopez in Marchesa. I don't think this dress is very flattering on her.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Katie Holmes in Armani Privé. This just pisses me off a bit because it seems like she's trying to steal the spotlight from the REAL stars. Why the insane train, Katie?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Anika Noni Rose in Naeem Khan. I guess I like this... I just don't know how I feel about floor-length METAL

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAbigail Breslin in Simin. She's too cute to criticize. Oh, and that 12 year old is wearing Harry Winston Jewelry!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Emily Blunt in Calvin Klein. It's nice, but just not my cup of tea.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Patricia Field in David Dalrymple for House of Field

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Eva Green in Givenchy. Eh? This doesn't fit very well.

THE BAD(ish?)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jessica Biel in Oscar de la Renta. Who wears HOT PINK to the OSCARS? I just don't like it. I don't like it at all. I'm being harsh here.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingCameron Diaz in Valentino. Meh...Her style bores me, her choices are always a little bit off the mark

My life is hectic as all Hell right now, but I'm working on the Fall 2007 Runway Trends article as we speak... and keep holding your breath for the NYC thrift and vintage guide, it's coming! Actually, don't hold your breath, it ain't coming that soon!

That's all for now, I love to hear your opinions
email me at fashioninsider00@aol.com
Love, Arianna

*To be added to the mailing list comment with your email, for privacy purposes please tell me if you would like your comment deleted after*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you like active appearance that is aswell anxious and sexy, you would charge to analysis out the Hardy clothing
collection. Many women wish ED Hardy Shoes
. Go for the adult hardy shirt
! Choose the beautiful ED Hardy Shoes
.